Dismantle Stoves Farmstyle Range Cooker?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to test/replace the grill switch on my Stoves Farmstyle 1100 range cooker (3rd switch from the left). I've had the cooker in bits before, but can't remember how I got the centre strip off, which joins the two hob sections. I remember it slid to the front somehow, but I can only get it to slide forward about half an inch before it hits solid (as per 5th pic). I need it off cos access to the switch is below the left side hob.

The grill started not heating up properly, then not working at all, although the fan still works. It's a two element set-up with a two-direction variable switch. One way should put on one element, and the other way should do both elements.

There is no power at the elements but both elements are fine. I've temporarily re-routed the power from the second oven to one of the grill elements, so we currently have half a grill, by using the oven switch. I reckon the grill switch is faulty, although I'm open to any other suggestions.

Any help on how to get the strip off much appreciated.

View media item 76917 View media item 76918 View media item 76919 View media item 76920 View media item 76921

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back