Diversity opinions?

I suppose it's an outlying possibility that it will be Christmas, ASHP going full whack, all ovens in use for he turkeys, a huge family fry up on the teppanyaki and hob going on while the dishwashers, washer, dryer cope with last nights partying and the womenfolk are all simultaneously drying their hair.. That should do it..

Now, if I've got a 100A switch fuse after the supply head (also 100a).. Which blows first? I suppose it could be either, right? More sensible to make the user replaceable one in the switchfuse a lower rating? Or see if the dno will put 125a ones in their head? Or does the cu have a 100a breaker in?

Sponsored Links
I suppose it's an outlying possibility that it will be Christmas, ASHP going full whack, all ovens in use for he turkeys, a huge family fry up on the teppanyaki and hob going on while the dishwashers, washer, dryer cope with last nights partying and the womenfolk are all simultaneously drying their hair.. That should do it..
It won't.

Now, if I've got a 100A switch fuse after the supply head (also 100a).. Which blows first? I suppose it could be either, right?
Neither.

More sensible to make the user replaceable one in the switchfuse a lower rating?
That would put your mind at rest. Then if it doesn't blow ...

Or see if the dno will put 125a ones in their head?
They won't.

Or does the cu have a 100a breaker in?
No, it has lots of lower rated ones.

This is all fundamentally academic as you should have an electrician who knows what he is doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back