Diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The diverter valve in my worcester bosch 30 si is faulty. Its just over a year old, On my last boiler (turbomax 242) the same thing happened and i changed the diaphragm washer. My question is, is there a washer in this boiler or do i need to change the full valve and is this straight forward (looks easy in the service manual :) )

Sponsored Links
It says in the book it was installed november 2006 (i've only lived here 8 months) Do they have more than a years warranty ? cant contact previous owners.

Sponsored Links
When i turn the hot tap on the left hand heating pipe gets red hot,

When i turn the hot tap on the left hand heating pipe gets red hot,

Ah, well you need to see if the diverter is first being powered and secondly weather the motors working.

If the motors operating correctly then your diverter valve fault is sludge related and if you give the system and diverter paddle a clean will be ok.

Unlikely the boiler wasn't installed correctly. Does it say anywhere on the benchmark page about how they flushed system?

If the motors gone then these just unclip and takes minutes to change.

I think you are being a bit hopeful there Bob.

On 90% of boilers with sludge problem there are NEVER any Benchmark.

Even if there is why should anyone believe what they SAY they used ???

Tony

It says in the benchmark, "hot flushed, x300 cleanser, x100 inhibitor added on installation". The x300 and x100 stickers are on the boiler cover and filled in with the installers details. The benchmark is all filled in but it does'nt prove anything i suppose.

I think rob may not have meant
Unlikely the boiler wasn't installed correctly.
but exactly the opposite!

If the system was dirty at all, the procedure described in the benchmark wouldn't have done any good whatsoever.

If the stickers are on the boiler then it is most likely the products were used.

However X300 is only for cleaning new radiators! Were all the radiators replaced?

If not then X400 or X800 should have been used.

A friend I met yesterday said that the diverter valve had failed on his Worcester a couple of months out of warrantee. I had recommended he ask Worcester if they would still cover it and they did!

Tony

If the stickers are on the boiler then it is most likely the products were used.
Not suggesting they weren't - just that they wouldn't have done any good!

Apart from draining the boiler is there anything else i need to be aware of ? M.I. looks straight forward to take valve out and clean/replace. Thanks for suggestions

I cannot visualise your boiler model but I would expect it has a motor driven diverter valve.

In that case then you need to see if the motor is being powered and if the moving part if free to move.

You should contact the manufacturers first with the serial number to see if its still under the warranty.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back