divots and uneven lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how do i get my lawn looking like the 18th green at st andrews.
I guess that you screed it with something?..lawn sand
any advice/experiences appreciated.

Sponsored Links
actually its not that hard, rip out your existing lawn and lay astro turf, never needs watering, or cutting.

seriously. the type of grass used has a lot to do with it, i think the most common is rye grass, but that is not what they have, also it is watered a lot.

See this.I'm afraid it's hard work and lots of care & attention,our greenkeeper spend at least 3 hours a day on our bowling green.

Cheers!
Anyone any times on getting my lawn nice and flat/...it "undulates"....I mentioned the idea of "screeding"...getting something WHAT??? and screeding over the lawn to a flat finish....will this work, and what do I use...what is lawn sand, is this the stuff I need.
ANY input appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Just use top soil and seed. Put the soil in the divets and do a silly walk on it to compact it then seed it and water it! Simple!!
Lawn sand is just for drainage as far as I know. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back