DIY Cellar Conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im converting my cellar into a games room and office, one room is 18 x 15 ft and the other is 15 x 13.

Just wondering what order i should do the works in? the cellar currently is somewhere between damp and dry, so we'll call it fairly dry.....

headheight is ok as it is, about 6'6, but if i need to add anything to the floor or ceilings, i might need to dig out, the floor is yorkshire stone flags which i could potentially sell!!

Electrics are fairly new and could be extended without problems, i have 1 rad down there but prob need 2-3 more, i have a large window in 1 room but a smaller one in the other room.

Question is, what order would i do the works in and what would i need to do in order to make a "dry" carpeted and plastered room suitable for an office and games/snooker room?

Thanks for all your responses

Andy

Sponsored Links
ok, take up flags, and lay a new concrete floor with dpm under it?

once dry? start with the walls? epoxy paint, sand, render (waterproofer) and then skim? would that give me a dry habitable room?

Andy

Rather than just concrete, you'd do well to insulate first with Kingspan or similar. Then concrete.

Or better still, concrete, insulation, then screed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back