DIY loft conversion aside the electrician.

Just a wee note about how useful a vapour barrier is :

Our loft space was always damp during the winter due to warm air from below getting through all the gaps, Its a 1950s build.
The loft now in the middle of winter is bone dry with a good circulation of air.

Couple of days ago I was in the loft space snagging the odd bits and pieces for the BC visit. I was in a couple of hours max when I noticed a drip land on me. All the nails through the sarking had moisture on them and was now dripping. It just shows how little time for warm air to get in before you have serious moisture in there. Bit of an eye opener for me.

Sponsored Links
Just to close. Our final BC visit went through clear and cert arrived today :D

Hi. great job.

Did you pack up your new floor joists to get over the snots in the lime plaster ceiling.

If so how much.
Thanks in advance.

Simon

Sponsored Links
I used a laser level and dipped with a tape on top of the plaster to find the highest point. I think I just cleared the highest point and set this as my level throughout. It did end up with a couple of localised small bits needing reduced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back