Do I bleed radiators in a sealed system with it hot or cold?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. In a sealed system, does the ch system need to be cold before bleeding the radiators or should the system be hot? The boiler controls will be switched off just before bleeding to ensure pump will not start up. I have a system boiler and there is air bubbling in an upstairs radiator after system was drained and refilled to allow some pipe repair work. Inhibitor was added and I have checked the air expelled with a lit match and it doesn't pop and so it probably isn't hydrogen.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Mutley56

Sponsored Links
Always bleed a sealed system when it's cold, do it when it's hot you'll get a inaccurate reading as you're reading it as expanded hot water.

PS. You know I'm amazed that no 'so called expert' has answered your question, this forum is full of 'knowitalls', that know jack about the subject........... :LOL:

Obviously such a technical question needs a 'master' like yourself to do it justice dick. :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back