Do i need to connect to the manifold (where would it be)????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have just fitted a radiator in an extension.
I have tee'd off the drop down pipes in the wall (feed and return) to the rad in my dining room.
The pipes where 10mm and have used 10mm on the new rad.

After bleed in my system all other rads in house work fine!

The rad in the extension only gets hot at the pipe at one end, i have drained the rad and opened both valves and they gush out.

Also the rad in the dining room only gets warm now!

If i turn the dining room rad off and the towel rail in en-suit above the dining room the extension rad gets hot.
Then when i turn dining room rad back on this one gets hot and the extension rad goes cool.

When i turn towel rail back on it gets red hot but dining room is only warm and extension is only warm at the pipe at one end!

Will i need to connect the new rad in the extension to the manifold for this to work well? Where abouts will the manifold be located?

I have concrete floors downstairs so it will have to be under the floor boards upstairs somewhere, but where?

Any help out there?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Try turning off all other rads to purge new pipework and bleed the new one. and make sure the aav on boiler is open. If the boiler is a vailant (others may also have this function) use the purge program so it does not fire up.

Please wait for a response from a pro before following my DIY advise.

Try turning off all other rads to purge new pipework and bleed the new one. and make sure the aav on boiler is open. If the boiler is a vailant (others may also have this function) use the purge program so it does not fire up.

Please wait for a response from a pro before following my DIY advise.

I'd go with that, shut all the other rads down, should clear it

Sponsored Links
What is an AAV?

I have had a look under floor boards and the 22mm pipe after the pump tees off to 15mm in both directions of the house and there is no manifold as it tees off in 10mm to all the radiators as travels under the floor boards.

Someone told me I should not tee off a 10mm as it will not carry enough presure to power 2 radiators.
Is that right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back