Do they smell the blood of an Englishman?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been looking at buying an oil boiler to replace my old one. I am not sure if it would be better – cheaper to by one in the UK. Some quotes I have been give here in France are De Dietrich GT120 around £2000 with burner. Plus here is a quote from a company here, In euros. The Labour seems excessive to me but what do I know. Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Ray B :rolleyes:

Boiler Ideal Standard Xenium B35 ( cast iron ) 3392 Euros
Burner Cuenod NC6 770
Contre Plaque 60
Four way Valve 45
Pressure Vessel 30
Heating Pump 150
Labour (including pipework, fittings and connections) 1416
Total (before Tax) 5863
Tax (5,5%) 322,46
Total 6185,46

Sponsored Links
well rayb buy the freeeekin thing in the uk.

as far as im concerned, youre swanning around in france eating froie gras, and supping champagne, whilst the rest of us here are putting on stab proof vests.

so pay up. sup up . and be happy

Sponsored Links
I have tried a web search for that Ideal boiler and the search engines have never heard of it!

A cast iron boiler seems pretty old fashioned and I would not expect it to be very efficient!

Tony

€3392 seems very expensive for any boiler suitable for a domestic property.

However I have heard that boilers are double the UK price. Local service backup has to be considered though.

If you were in Normandy then I might be able to help you though.

In Letchworth Dan is having to wear his bullet proof vest and take extra care to avoid traffic accidents.

Tony

Dan_Robinson said:
A grand labour eh? Well, how many days do they think its going to take, and how many people working?
2 days 2 men. But the pipework is already in.

Ok chaps. What make of oil boiler would you recommend? I've been told I need up to a 30kw.
Ray :confused:

Non pour trente killowatt je expcet environ cinq chambres à coucher.

mille pour deux hommes pendant deux jours est seulement 250 par homme par jour. Si c'est trop pour votre travail nous ne pouvons pas le dire.

Agile said:
RayB said:
Ok chaps. I've been told I need up to a 30kw.
Ray :confused:

C'est un chateau avec vingt chambres?
Not quite...I wish. But there are 6 double bedrooms plus 1 bathroom (rads) 2 toilets (rads) large livingroom 2xdouble rads kitchen and garage which will be a den. See I am only going on what I am told. What would you say I need?
Regards
Ray

Dan_Robinson said:
Non pour trente killowatt je expcet environ cinq chambres à coucher.

mille pour deux hommes pendant deux jours est seulement 250 par homme par jour. Si c'est trop pour votre travail nous ne pouvons pas le dire.
That was a company quote. A few freinds say it's steep. It should by all accounts be a 1 man job 2 days max. Also the wages are a lot lower here.
But I want a good job done and not be done. Dan, What would I expect to pay in the UK. It is to take out the old boiler and ajust pipes to fit the new.
possibly make a hole in blockwork to vent straight out of the wall.
Ray :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back