Does anyone know what this tree is please?

Sponsored Links
It's a daffodil tree... and will run amock.... cut it down immediatley... !!

Sponsored Links
Betula Pendula! Hah!

Saw this post this morning and thought "I think I know, but I'll wait for an expert to comment so I don't make an arse of myself". Don't seem to be any of them so far, so...

My guess is it's a cherry of some sort.

Definitely a fruiting prunus of some variety, but fruit trees are into the millions of varieties and you really do need an expert to narrow it down.

still think its a Betula Pendula with a climber hanging from it. if it was a cherry the flowers would not be hanging like that.

It looks like a Silver Birch too me but, I think the flower is wrong, so it can't be :confused:

It's definitely not a Silver Birch - the bark, form and flowers are completely wrong for any of the Betula varieties. It may be a Cherry, but the bark doesn't really look right for that either (no horizontal banding). A photograph in better light and with the leaves fully out would help a great deal, but for the moment I'm going to suggest something in the Plum/Damson/Greengage family (Prunus domestica).

It looks like it's been coppiced in the past. Why are you thinking about cutting it down?

Geometer

a.k.a. Japanese Cherry Blossom

Got one in the garden too...

Thanks all.

I have been told that it is a Prunus x Hilleri, an ornamental cherry tree also called a spire cherry. Thankfully its roots are not messing with the foundation so wont need to cut it down.

Thanks again,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back