Does it matter that we have a lying, dishonest Prime Minister?

It was a crushing defeat, it was one lie too far.

Lying had proved productive for Bojo but like all liars, inevitably you will be caught out as you begin to believe your own lies.

Sponsored Links
Lying had proved productive for Bojo but like all liars, inevitably you will be caught out as you begin to believe your own lies.

What a tangled web.

Boris is like an incompetent spider.

Spider?

Corbyn - the well known lawyer ?

The way I see it, there was never going to be a good outcome. BJ should not have closed Parliament, I think he'd have gained more support if he let it continue to block Brexit (not forgetting they overwhelmingly supported it when they thought it would never happen). He'd have been able to throw his hands up and say "look at how they are denying democracy".

From the Supreme Court point of view we have a very troubling outcome.

- Had they ruled they had no power, it would have left a PM the ability to do the equivalent of a CEO suspending the board to accept an unwelcome take over offer.
- As it turns out, they have ruled something to be unlawful without any real legal reference. Law will have to be created by the proper people (MPs, with oversight from lords) to give the courts guidelines. Judges are unelected at the end of the day.

Cutting through all the BS any hysteria, they did not deliver the maximum possible blow to the PM and have not ruled his actions illegal. They said his actions had no basis in law.

Its a bit like a private parking company sending you a bill for parking on land they don't have any authority to manage, TV licensing sending you a demand for a TV license you don't need or a landlord agent charging admin fees on a lease that doesn't provide for it. People try it on and it gets tested.

Sponsored Links
So Bojo tried it on and it got tested, so he's a pioneer now.

Bojo breaks through any glass ceiling and scrapes any barrel a rare feat.

The way I see it, there was never going to be a good outcome. BJ should not have closed Parliament, I think he'd have gained more support if he let it continue to block Brexit (not forgetting they overwhelmingly supported it when they thought it would never happen). He'd have been able to throw his hands up and say "look at how they are denying democracy"

So you are saying you think Johnsons strategy was flawed.
You arent saying what he did was undemocratic and wrong.

they did not deliver the maximum possible blow to the PM
Oh I don't know. Boris and his Brexit Buffoons are livid. I think the SC decision had precisely the right result. Parliament resumed. Bozza and his Brexit Buffoons humiliated.

So you are saying you think Johnsons strategy was flawed.
You arent saying what he did was undemocratic and wrong.
The PM should not have the power to suspend parliament to get his way.

Sponsored Links
Back