Does my boiler need a service??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 24cdi combi boiler the pressure on the system is always sitting at a constant low level needle on gauge points to 0.3 The heating works fine on the timer but thermostat is NG.Some times when running the hot water the temp varies.On occassions can fill the bath with hot water.Is this related to temp from out ie cold days.I have just moved a few months ago and unsure how a combi reacts in winter.The boiler is
2 years old.

Sponsored Links
its recommended to have your boiler 'serviced' yearly.
the pressure should be 1 bar when rads are cold... have a look at the manual and top the pressure up it may solve your issues.

and yes the hot water will be cooler in the winter. try not running the hot tap so fast.
hth

I appreciate that this may well be a really stupid question...but I'm going to ask anyway :D

Why is the hot water likely to be cooler in the winter?

I appreciate that this may well be a really stupid question...but I'm going to ask anyway :D

Why is the hot water likely to be cooler in the winter?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: same reason its works better in the summer :LOL:
ambient temperature,cooler water in winter means a boiler has to work harder to raise and maintain the temp. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
broadly speaking, most combis provide a heat rise on an amount of water. say 35 degrees on 10 litres per minute for example. so in the summer your mains water may come in at 20 degrees on a hot day giving 55 degrees hot water. in the winter it may come in a 5 degrees giving only 40 dgrees hot water. now this doesnt go for allcombis but the priciple is essentially the same.

most people who are planning to sell the house will not service the boiler so it is probably due.
apart from a service, get the chap to check the entire heating system for peace of mind

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back