Does my Central Heating system need to be balanced?

I'm using a magnet (sorry - my terminology was wrong). Would it also be attracted to the Aerjec?

Another observation - When the boiler is running the radiators and boiler are getting hotter than ever before (ie before the last routine boiler service which was when I started getting problems with the house taking so long to heat up). However, even though everything gets so hot, I don’t believe the boiler runs for a long enough sustained period of time to heat the volume of air in the rooms. The boiler is switching off at the boiler stat every few minutes - I’ve observed that at the point the boiler switches off the flow pipe from the boiler increases up to 100C – is this normal?

Sponsored Links
Would it also be attracted to the Aerjec?
It shouldn't be attracted to the Aerjec, which is made of copper. If there is any attraction it implies that there is magnetite sludge trapped in the Aerjec, which could be blocking the flow of water.

I’ve observed that at the point the boiler switches off the flow pipe from the boiler increases up to 100C – is this normal?
That suggests there is a blockage somewhere. The Aerjec is a likely culprit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back