Dolphin Bathrooms - Problems with shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In May this year I splashed (excuse the pun) on a Dolphin Bathrooms Ensuite consists of Double shower tray, basin and WC. On the whole I am pretty satisfied but there has been a few teething problems.

Firstly there is a leak in the corner where you step into the shower. It is dripping down the edge between the tray and the wall tiles on the outside of the tray and onto the floor . They have been back 4 times and still not cured it. The latest reason being the shower screen profiles not sealed correctly and it will have to come off to be re-done.

Secondly and not sure if should be worried about this so open to advice. Tonight when I was having a shower the tray squeaked and creaked when I moved back and forth in the enlcosure. From what I remember the whole thing is built on 18mm plywood floor which is screwed to the chipboard/joists on the first floor of our house. Can't see any grout cracking so don't imagine the floor is moving.

Should the shower tray creak/squeak when you rockback and forth or am I being paranoid.

Sorry for the long post.

Regards

Derek

Sponsored Links
Nothing that is properly installed should leak or squeak; contact higher up management, and make it clear you are unhappy, and want it sorted. At no cost. And on the double.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back