Donald and Kim meet on a city break

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tomorrow morning coffee, 18 holes in the afternoon praps :)

I wonder if Kim Jong Un is going to be thinking, Singapore wow, why cant my country be like that.

I know most people are saying, Trumps being played mostly because its a huge coup for a leader of a tiny impoverished nation to be meeting the leader of the free world which is why previous presidents refused.

But that has resulted in a permanent state of no movement forwards, so it can only be a good thing, no matter how negative the outcome. We all know NK wont reliquish nuclear weapons, it has them as a bargaining chip (although I doubt they actually have any real nuclear capability with a long range missile).

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: I suspect that an agreement has already been agreed ;) and the face to face meeting is for propaganda / show .

The only issue is that Trump is a tadge un-predictable & may go off script :)

Blimey what could be next ?? Trumps flies to Tehran to meet the Ayatolah fruit cakes ? :LOL:

I think Singapore was deliberately picked as Notch said. Whale what a place. His weapons are most probably no more dangerous than one of those kids washings machines that turn a 1000 coloured cubes around.

Great blag. NK give up their washing machine and in turn get a load of $$$$ chucked at them and restrictions lifted

Sponsored Links
Of course, Trump doesnt give a monkeys about world peace, all he is interested in is self promotion.

Trump realises that in world importance its probably not that great, but it has a massive medial following so its giving him huge worldwide media coverage.

I see there is talk of a 'deal'.....'you get rid of your nuclear stuff, Ill let you have Mcdonalds in Pyongyang and a Trump towers' :ROFLMAO:

Of course, Trump doesnt give a monkeys about world peace, all he is interested in is self promotion.

Trump realises that in world importance its probably not that great, but it has a massive medial following so its giving him huge worldwide media coverage.

I see there is talk of a 'deal'.....'you get rid of your nuclear stuff, Ill let you have Mcdonalds in Pyongyang and a Trump towers' :ROFLMAO:

Not so long ago you and one or two others on this board were saying goodbye to each other because trumpy and kimmy were about to throw nukes at each other.

Regardless of what went before this is a step in the right direction. I don't like trump or kim for that matter and, at this point in time, I do not know where this meeting of "statesmen" is going to go. But at least they are talking. It wouldn't be such a bad thing if trump did meet with the ayatollas and all the other idiots in the Middle East including our, so called, allies there. He also needs to talk to putin and the european countries. Hopefully all this will happen BUT and it is a big BUT. We were all so very hopefull after perestroika and look where that went.

Regardless of what went before this is a step in the right direction.

I agree. Im not a Trump fan, but the fact is; refusing to enter into any form of dialogue because NK is run by an evil dictator, makes sure it remains an isolated state forever. So Trumps move to meet Kim Jong Un can only be a good thing.

I dont subsctibe to the view, Kim Jong Un was the winner and Trump the loser.

It may go nowhere, but there is a chance that wasnt there before.

It would be interesting to know what coverage has been broadcast on North Korean tv....

Sponsored Links
Back