dongle??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right peeps i have an old style dongle for my laptop its on 3 and its a white oval shape with about a 2 foot wire connecting it to pc, i want to know if i purchase an old dongle from ebay or anywhere that sell them and it was a 3 network one would i then be able put sim in it and use it instead of old style one, by new style i mean like a usb stick type one that goes straight in to side of pc, also im guessing these act as an ariel so would anyone work or would it nedd to be 3??? any help needed thanks

Sponsored Links
I dont see why not.
I have the more modern dongle from "3" (huawei), it can plug directly in to a USB port, it also has a detatchable USB extension cable, which for instance enables you to put dongle at a window should you need a better signal.
You should be able to put your 3 sim in to any 3 dongle (presuming its a data sim and NOT a standard phone sim? although they do look the same).
I doubt your 3 sim woiuld work in any other networks dongle as its the dongle that holds the software that gets installed on your pc that allows you to use the networks services.

Sponsored Links
Back