Don't tax them, tax me

Sponsored Links
what many people won't acknowledge is that if more people worked more hours then the tax income would be higher - whereas as it stands people on tax credits or UC have zero incentive to do extra hours

what many people won't acknowledge is that if more people worked more hours then the tax income would be higher - whereas as it stands people on tax credits or UC have zero incentive to do extra hours

Apart from the facility to increase working hours being a large chunk (IMHO) of why the UK has historically lagged behind our competitors in terms of productivity, doing so would not increase tax take from "disincentivised" benefits recipients.

In-work benefits are as much a government subsidy to employers, as they are a "benefit " to the individual.

Your comment therefore makes no sense.

Sponsored Links

Where are these extra mythical hours?

If they worked more - who is going to pay them more? Companies are struggling with retaining staff due to rising costs and wage demands.

How old are you?

It's always the pitiful simple dumb ideas that are recycled.

Lesson 1: always blame the workers -

They don't work enough hours.
When they do work they are lazy.
They take too many days off sick.
They always want to get paid more.
Why do they need to join unions the commies.

Ohh btw I'm a worker but not like those lefty commie shsyters. I'm a good dog. Work me till my heart pops out then flog my dead meat as prime Steak.

One of the curses of British companies is 'design by accountants'! If that can be eliminated then we may be able to A; improve the quality, B; improve the design to ease manufacturing, C: have 'proper' continual development.
May cost in the first place but accountants and the pension companies see short term profits as more important than improving long term returns.

Where are these extra mythical hours?

If they worked more - who is going to pay them more? Companies are struggling with retaining staff due to rising costs and wage demands.

How old are you?

It's always the pitiful simple dumb ideas that are recycled.

Who said anything about mythical hours ?

There are countless employers who are short of staff but can’t get employees to work extra hours because of tax free cash from the Government

You are clearly missing the point

As it stands people who get tax credit credits or UC get it based on the hours they do, and if they work extra hours, the extra payments get mainly reduced from their payments - meaning they work more but don’t earn much more. So they choose not to work more.

This is rife at the hospital where the misses works .

Who said anything about mythical hours ?

There are countless employers who are short of staff but can’t get employees to work extra hours because of tax free cash from the Government

You are clearly missing the point

As it stands people who get tax credit credits or UC get it based on the hours they do, and if they work extra hours, the extra payments get mainly reduced from their payments - meaning they work more but don’t earn much more. So they choose not to work more.

This is rife at the hospital where the misses works .

So these employers can recruit more staff - have we run out of workers - shame we can't ask Europeans to come over.

If the UC discincentivises people to work more hours - who is to blame?

Employers can pay more and attract staff from other areas.

So these employers can recruit more staff - have we run out of workers - shame we can't ask Europeans to come over.

If the UC discincentivises people to work more hours - who is to blame?

Employers can pay more and attract staff from other areas.

Its the part time workers who could do more............ and people from overseas are coming here in bigger numbers than ever.

Successive governments

This is happening and its fueling inflation

Its the part time workers who could do more............ and people from overseas are coming here in bigger numbers than ever.

Successive governments

This is happening and its fueling inflation

Please explain how "this" - whatever "this" is fuelling inflation.

I don't follow your reasoning on what is driving inflation.

What could part time workers do more of?

Sponsored Links
Back