Door Hanging Advice

Sponsored Links
aw - whilst you make a valid point ... "full marks from me if he presented me a prototype that consisted of a timber wedge and ten pence spacer" ... that should only be the case if his design portfolio, starting with his original brief (maybe a prosaic one I grant you) and working it's way through the entire 'design process' ends up with The 10p Wedge. Plonking down The 10p Wedge on the lecturer's desk, without having done the design exercise would result in a fail; yeh, he'd get a few (say 20%) marks for making the wedge, with a varnished finish and a holding knob, but quite rightly lose-out on a 2.1 at the end of his university course. I wonder if Trend are making any money flogging their Door Ratchet Clamps (£16) and their Door Holder Stands (£33) - presumably they thought it a good idea to get their Product Development Dept to undertake a similar design study to Jack's.

Why shouldn't university students be challenged/try, as a design exercise, to 're-invent the wheel'; after all what's a wheel ... one definition is as an aid to move heavy loads. Ditto, the quart into the pint pot ... by the way that's a real assignment on Quantum Physics courses but a bit advanced for our very own DIY Forum :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back