Door opening not a standard size!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening, pretty late for this but been bugging me all day. The whole "fail to plan, plan to fail" quote is on my girlfriends lips and i'm hoping someone can pull me out of the mire so i don't have to hear it! I have a structural external door opening of 35"x82" (tight) which doesn't conform to standard size door opening. Although was restricted on location and size of door could of/should of checked and made it 925mm then i would not be needing input!!!!

Been given a bespoke door frame and stable door price by my local joiner £700 + VAT in soft wood which i'm trying not to purchase as its a bit much for a piddly 1.5x3.3m extension.

Is packing out a 864mm door frame in a 905mm opening (25mm each side) too much cos it sounds a lot. Alternatively i get a standard door and get the joiner to make a bespoke (thicker) door frame?

I know its probably not a common issue but any advice or solutions would be greatly received. :cry:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back