Door Restrictor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

Am looking for something that could be fitted to a door that would stop it from opening more than 90 degrees.

I have seen something which very much fits the bill but it is called a 'Mortice' Limiting Stay. Does this mean that a part of it needs to be fitted INSIDE the door and a special hole to be created for it or can it simply be screwed on.

Another thing is the price; this particular one would cost about £23 including VAT and delivery. Is anything similar but very basic/simple available that is slightly less costly.

Before anyone mentions it, no I do not want to use a door stop fitted to the floor.

I also do not want the door to automatically close so I am not looking at one of those door brackets that closes doors automatically.

UPDATE - Have just found the limiting stay mentioned above at cheaper prices than the one above from a search on the Internet. Have also found something called a 'Surface Limiting Stay', which may be what I am looking for. No prices have been listed for that and there are only two results in the search for it, so if anyone can suggest anywhere that may be available, then that would be great! Thanks. I think in the meantime, a trip to local locksmiths may be a good idea as the item seems to appear on websites who deal with locks.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back