Door threshold?

View attachment 204969 No the curved side faces inward, that side is the side with the draught excluder, the rebate you are going to make with your router presses against the curved side and creates a seal
so, I am currently wrong way around lol, so curve to inside, here on these pics I need to turn around yea? door opens inwards not out.

Attachments

• wrong way around.jpg
    wrong way around.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 187
  • wrong way.jpg
    wrong way.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 176
  • flip seal.jpg
    flip seal.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 185
Sponsored Links
Mate your pictures don't show a great deal, take a photo of the end of the strip so I can see a cross section.

I worked out the door opened in from the photos of the frame, the door has to shut against the rubber so it's no good the rubber facing out is it, needs to face in so the door touches it

Mate your pictures don't show a great deal, take a photo of the end of the strip so I can see a cross section.

I worked out the door opened in from the photos of the frame, the door has to shut against the rubber so it's no good the rubber facing out is it, needs to face in so the door touches it
Hmm try this one here you can see the rubber curve facing outside, I think I just need to turn it around to face the inside now. When door closes the rubber will hit under middle somewhere but there will be a gap cosmetic wise looking at the door outside at the bottom where the ridge is, I assume I need to cover that with a weather shield.

And yea it will be like this where the gap at front will look like its not touching bottom, so assume here I just add a weather guard to cover the void gap?

Attachments

• this1.jpg
    this1.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 187
  • drawing1.jpg
    drawing1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
The gap is hidden from view with the weather bar but that in itself still has to be high enough to clear the weather strip otherwise it hit the weather strip when opening the door

door-diagram-h.gif

Just as an example using this picture the weatherstrip would be fitted here with the rubber bump/flap facing left

If you're still struggling with this then honestly you need get a joiner in, I'm actually worried about you using the router now

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The gap is hidden from view with the weather bar but that in itself still has to be high enough to clear the weather strip otherwise it hit the weather strip when opening the door

View attachment 205039
Just as an example using this picture the weatherstrip would be fitted here with the rubber bump/flap facing left

If you're still struggling with this then honestly you need get a joiner in, I'm actually worried about you using the router now
Hey man thanks no I got it now its sunk in I could not fathom why I would leave a gap from the sill to bottom of door but now I know its because you need to insulate it right, I can do this and thanks again for all you help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back