dot dab onto painted walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i am wanting to put gyproc soundbloc plasterboard onto my ajoining walls of my semi detached house. i am wanting to keep the old painted plaster on for increased soundproofing and am wondering if it is possible to dot dab onto these? (i have stripped existing wall paper and just paint left on the walls) i am not wanting to batten because i dont want to loose anymore space. thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
That dry wall adhesive will stick to anything so I can't see why not. :D

See what the plasterers say.

Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to score through the paint where you plan dabbing, Is the wall sound and firm?

thanks for the replys, yeah the walls are sound and firm was just concerned about the paint mainly, should i pva the suface first or not?

Sponsored Links
You may have more benefit from building an independent stud wall in front of your existing wall and filling it with fiberglass insulation and plaster-boarding over for sound insulation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back