Double Check Valve Cuts Off Supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On my mains supply I have a Stopcock, Double Check Valve and PRV in that order. The mains pressure is around 5 bar and the PRV is set to 3.5 bar. The double check valve and PRV are the right way round.

This is in a new build so all pipes currently have isolator valves fitted to the pipe runs to bathrooms, kitchen etc. The only working tap is located in the garage.

When the tap is turned on, it runs for a short time then the check valve cuts in and cuts off the mains supply. The PRV pressure drops to zero. The only way to restore the supply is to turn off the stopcock and turn it back on a small amount until the pressure rises to 3.5bar again then open the stopcock fully.

Turn on the garage tap and the same thing happens.

I have tried increasing and decreasing the pressure on the PRV but same problem.

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks
Tom

Sponsored Links
take the DCV off and clean it through as most likely debris in it if no filter fitted up stream, you can blow through it as this normally works, i have come accross this before

Thanks guys,

The DCV was a new one (Screwfix). These seem cheap compared with say Pegler DCVs. Is it worth spending the extra for Pegler?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back