Double glazing warranty exclusions and a draft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My mum had a double glazing man around to show him the cold air coming through the bottom under the bottom ridge, not quite sure of the terminology (where it meets the brick). He did not accept there was a draft and told my mum it was the curtains.

I have told my mum to get him back when I was there. He also said that the bottom wooden base of the window is not under warranty but the rest is. Is this plausible, part of a window being under warranty?

Thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links
Do you mean you have a draft around your internal window cills?

If so I expect you have no insulation in the cavity's and some gaps around the window boards letting the draft in. If so a few caulk sealant lines should be all you need.

Its hard to tell from your description, Can you post some pics?

Hi,

Yes under the bottom window cill.

The house is from around 1969 and I don't think my parents have ever put any extra insulation in the walls.

I will come back with a picture for you.

Would it be also correct that part of the window is not covered by a warranty? The guy said the bottom of the window was not.

Thanks

Lee

I will wait to see the pic but technically no as that's part of the original house and not the new windows, but as a gesture of good will they could have run a caulk line for you (I personally would have).

If its a crack they caused while removing the windows then I would say yes it should have been part of their making good.

Either way a tube of caulk is about £2 and who ever ends up doing it.

Sponsored Links
I will wait to see the pic but technically no as that's part of the original house and not the new windows, but as a gesture of good will they could have run a caulk line for you (I personally would have).

If its a crack they caused while removing the windows then I would say yes it should have been part of their making good.

Either way a tube of caulk is about £2 and who ever ends up doing it.

thank you

Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back