Double sealed manhole securing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched all over to find out how to replace a manhole with a sealed one for inside a conservatory, cant find anything?

how are they fitted?

Story is the people who were here before me had the conservatory built and under the floor covering we found a drain cover its a standard lift up cast lid, it was under carpet and chipboard!

there is a step down of 115mm into the conservatory but I want to raise it up with 70 mm insulation and back on top with 22mm chip board with a laminate or cushion flooring to finish this will get rid of the step near enough.

What I am needing advise on is how to fit a new sealed cover in with a recess so I can maybe tile at a later date.
I have took the old cover off and the new sealed one sits straight in the cast frame opening of the old one. can I just make a frame 100mm bigger all round than the new one and mortar it down to seal it in place the same height as what the new floor height will be?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back