Double-trap Siphonic Pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two of these in my house and one normal CC pan - all original so I'm not sure why they aren't all the same. Anyway, the flush siphon on one was playing up so I bought a replacement, dismantled the old one and retained the bits which operate the siphon action in the pan. I've put these back into the base of the new flush siphon but it doesn't work.

I'm working with the water level at the line on the cistern and the pan almost overflows when it flushes before the level gradually goes back down to "normal".

One of the parts I kept is a kind of hemispherical rubber bit about 2" across. There's a thin pipe from the base of the siphon which goes through it. Am I right in thinking this has to always seal to the pan for the siphonic action to work? If so I'm knackered as its perished and wont seal anything. What are the chances of replacing the parts?

Bodger67

Sponsored Links
One of the parts I kept is a kind of hemispherical rubber bit about 2" across

That part and the plastic thing it was attached too is the most important bit or the wc won't flush,

The plastic bit screws onto the thread of the syphon, the round rubber washer shaped dome thing sit on the tube thats sticking down and should be positioned 1/8" from the tip/end

"plumstop" will sell them and the doughnuts which should be renewed at the same time.

Thanks for being so quick!

I guessed it was vital and "dome-shaped" was the description I was looking for earlier.

Is the rubber dome meant to seal the pipe to the pan or should it be clear of it?

Any ideas where I might get replacement bits for this - I know they were outlawed years ago.

Bodger

Any ideas where I might get replacement bits for this - I know they were outlawed years ago.

Told you that above "Plumstop" plumbers merchants.

The washer seal to the pan which is why its positioned as above.

Sponsored Links
For the benefit of anyone reading this thread in the future, the outlet doitall suggests above isn't in my area. I've just been to all the major plumbers merchants in Reading, including Travis Perkins (aka City Plumbing), Graham, Plumb Centre and a couple of small bathroom/hardware places and got no luck.

However, a small place in Bracknell called "Ballcock & Bits" which has been there for donkeys' years picked one straight off the shelf and said he always keeps them.

The bit I got is a "SYVAC Syphonic Aspirator" which has part no. TD-A2. Better part of £15 but cheaper than a new bog. If all else fails, Thomas Dudley calim to supply a siphon with one attached - see http://www.thomasdudley.co.uk/turbos44r.asp

Thanks again to doitall for the quick advice.

Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back