Down on the varm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Judas Priest !!

Tractorisation.jpg

:idea: Of course all bar one or two could just concievably be spare engines used as counter balance in attempt to keep the front down a bit, on the other hand .... Geronimo !

Imagine that lot throbbing between the knees :eek: :eek: Must be some amazing driveline there :eek:

'I fink number three on engine four is missing - occasionaly.'

And for the smallholding perhaps, a very agricultural :-
LittleDan.jpg

;)

Sponsored Links
Tractor pulls are cool.

Do they have a "modified" class? The multi-engine custom-built things are great, but I was thinking of something a bit like truck racing i.e. a heavily-modified version of a commecially available tractor. :D

Looks like 'Prostock' will be nearest to original spec.
'PROSTOCK . A standard looking farm tractor, allowed 1 Turbo-Charger, must use stock fuel, usually diesel, producing up to 2000 horsepower . Class weight 3.5 tonnes. ( weight of machine with driver).'
Then comes :-
' SUPERSTOCK Must retain stock appearance and use original engine block. (Seems to suggest a reduced semblance of originality) Can use up to 3 turbo stages and any approved fuel. Most Superstocks use methanol for fuel, producing around 3500 horsepower. Class weight 3.5 tonnes.
Every farmer's delight (Eurogrant of course):-
' Modified These are the purpose built, multi-engined machines. Rules restrict the number and type of engines that can be used in each class. Weight classes are 2.5, 3.5 & 4.5 tonnes. A basic overview of the types of engine combinations allowed in each weight class are :

2.5 tonne class - 3 supercharged V8's, 2 supercharged hemi V8's, 1 V12 aircraft engine ,or 2 turbine engines

3.5 tonne class - 4 supercharged V8's, 3 supercharged hemi V8's, 2 V12 aircraft engines, or 3 turbine engines

4.5 tonne class - 5 supercharged V8's, 4 supercharged hemi V8's, 3 V12 aircraft engines, or 4 turbine engines

The power of a 4.5 tonne modified machine can be in excess of 8500 horsepower.

Nearly there :-
Two Wheel Drive They are single engined V8 powered machines with a dragster funny car or pickup type body. Weight of these machines is 2.8 tonnes.

And finally :-
'Mini or Mini-Modified A small version of the modified class using a single engine. Weight of machine and driver 950 KG. They pull there own small , lighter sled. Power around 2000 horsepower.'

Some detail

In my best attempt at Clarksonspeak :-
"If any one here imagined that lunacy was on the decline, then rest assured ......... It isn't !"
;) :eek: :D :) :( :eek:

'PROSTOCK . A standard looking farm tractor, allowed 1 Turbo-Charger, must use stock fuel, usually diesel, producing up to 2000 horsepower . Class weight 3.5 tonnes. ( weight of machine with driver).'

Is that red diesel or blue diesel? :D

That would be an impressive machine, 2000bhp, 3.5 tonnes... power/weight ratio of 571bhp/tonne... That is supercar territory!

So, if it really does retain it's "standard look", then you could surprise people at the lights with one. I've never really wanted a diesel before, but I want one of those! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Years ago,the apprentices at the Massey-Ferguson factory took a standard MF575 tractor and converted it for tractor pulling.

Standard spec - 66 bhp

Converted one - 500 bhp !! (using same engine)

No tappets 'ere me dear :-
.. based on the Lanz Bulldog design it had a single cylinder two-stroke engine with a bore of 8 inches with a 10 inch stroke, maximum r.p.m. was 550. An improved version the 18/30 was made between 1932 and 1934. In 1935 the 12/20 was introduced...... 1949 saw the introduction of the Series III and the final series of single cylinder Field Marshall's was the Series IIIA produced from 1952 to 1957.

< I did innocently post a pix, then I noticed 'twas strictly prohibited >
So have a butchers here :- http://www.tractordata.co.uk/field_marshall/pages/field_marshall_3_1950/index.htm
Cartridge as in blank, or smouldering blotting paper was inserted at the aperture lower front end .... took some spinning up on the old starting handle inserted into flywheel visible at the side of the engine, no electrics, and what about that exhaust ? some techy pressure handling going on there .. a strange but reliable old workhorse ... 8" bore 10" stroke hefty old single potter .. characteristic boomf, boomf sound -- me M8 had one in 50's ridden on it many times. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back