DPC problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i live is a semi detached house which has a shared driveway with my neighbours. i intend submitting drawings for planning permission for a garage which will sit on my half of the driveway. (about 2.4m wide). and a small reception room behind.

my issue is the fact that the ground slopes down slightly from back to front, and also from left to right. So if i build out to the side the ground level will be above the DPC slightly at the front, but about 18 inches at the rear.. since this is going to be a two storey extension i was going to keep the build simple by using double skin wall construction all the wayround.

The trouble is, the neighbours drive will be left as 2.5m wide, so it will have to continue right up to the side of the garage wall in order for them to use it. this does not allow me room to drop the ground below the current normal DPC level.

I could raise the DPC 150mm above the ground level, or even stagger it higher as it goes back, but how do i deal with the difference in DPC level from the inside ground level to the DPC on the outside wall. Is there a way of creating a small 'tanking', effect inside the casvity on the bottom, to prevent the damp coming accross.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back