DPM and DPC together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building an extension and have a query regarding the DPM and DPC layer, I am going to bring the DPM up and out over the block and then put a layer of 9" DPC on top. my question is what is the correct sequence regarding mortar layers is it ? Block, DPM, DPC mortar and then Block or should there be a layer of mortar between the DPM and the DPC ? I am just wondering if it is a bad idea to put essentially two plastic layers on top of ach other with nothing in between them ?

Sponsored Links
i will mortar bed the dpm and mortar bed the dpc. thus creating a mortar sandwich.

i have seen the whole lot done dry also, because of tight joints.

this connection is always going to be a weak point, but not so weak as to affect robust structural integrity requirements.

it's the same with lintels. where joints have been tight, i have seen these laid dry many times.

Thanks for the advice much appreciated, Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back