drain points

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are two white drain taps outside my house for the CH. Why two? What's the diff between one and the other? Can I use these to refill the system when I'm done cleaning it out?

ta

Sponsored Links
One's for the flow pipe and the other for the return pipe. Quite handy - you can use this to flush fresh water through the system without having to undo anything indoors.

Yes, you can use this to refill the system up to a point. If it's a conventional system then make sure you don't overfill the expansion tanks, and if a pressurised system, use the filling loop to get the final pressure just right.

Remember you'll need to add inhibitor, so it's best to isolate one radiator completely before refilling - you can use this to add the chemical to.

when I open both the drain points water flows out of both, so hard to know which is which. Flow is better, steadier from the RH point so I was planning to flush and fill through that one. Any suggestions?

ta

Sponsored Links
What kind of system have you got? sealed or open vented. If the former just use the filing loop and put the inhibitor in one of your rads upstairs. if the latter you can fill most through a hose from either your Flow or Return then tip the inhibitor into your F&E tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back