Drainage in garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have been looking to buy a house which has a very small paved garden.
Clearly the sewer runs under the middle of the garden beause their is a drain and an inspection chamber in the middle of the garden!
Ideally I would want to grass the whole thing. My questions is would I have to move the sewer or could I remove the inspection chamber and/or the drain?
Any help would be great.

Thanks.
Chris

Sponsored Links
Just do what everyone else does and go round it with the turf unless you have money to burn.

If you are desperate to hide the cover, you could fit a 'Block Paving cover' (such as http://www.wickes.co.uk/block-paving-manhole-cover-450x600mm/invt/240732/ ), fill it with some soil and lay turf in it, although i'm unsure as to whether the grass would grow sucessfully.

Do not bury the cover! It is there for a reason and you may need to get to it at some point! Getting rid of the sewer is a non starter, and diverting the sewer may be possible but will likely cost a small fortune. I'd just learn to live with it, put a plant pot or brid table on the cover to disguise it a bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back