Draught coming via the panels underneath the double glazing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a maisonette, i have double glazing with these pvc looking panels underneath, there is a horrible draught coming in through all the panels, what can i do to stop this? it has a black rubber seal running along the panels and around, i have no idea what to do or use?

:oops:

Sponsored Links
What is it like a porch or a back window that goes floor to ceiling? Can u post a picture?

thanks for your message, i have managed to upload some pictures...

the draught is coming in via the black seals around the panels...

thanks

If they are letting a draught in thats poor fitting,sounds like they have used the wrong thickness panel

Sponsored Links
they don't move around or have any freeplay, i think its the rubber seal that goes around the frame...

can i replace this? from where? is it easy to do?

they don't move around or have any freeplay, i think its the rubber seal that goes around the frame...

can i replace this? from where? is it easy to do?

You won't ralyy be able to replace the rubber seals as they are attached onto the frame of the window and not the panel.

The best thing to do is take the panel out and run some double sided tape around the edges, but some 4mm spongy type. this will squash flat when the panel is placed back. This job really needs to be done by a window guy though, maybe one of those window doctors.

There is another way, leave the panel in place and see if the rubber seal will pull out. get some black silicone with a bead size to match the width of the existing rubber. Silicone around the panel and as long as its done mint and straight then at a glance it will just look like a black seal when its in fact siliconed inside and out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back