Draught proofing downstairs round the floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first time posting. I am quite new to DIY and I have spent the last few weeks draught proofing my whole downstairs. We have hardwood floors downstairs and some quite big gaps between the floor and the skirting boards where I could feel draught coming through. I have used a combination of Draughtex (squishy foam rod) and decorators acrylic caulk to seal around the floor. It’s looking pretty good. My only concern (which is a bit of an afterthought) is will I have compromised the expansion gaps that have been left around the floor to allow for expansion and contraction of the wood flooring? Or will the draughtex and caulking be flexible enough to allow for this? Worried about ending up with a warped floor come summertime! Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We install engineered timber floors with a 10mm gap all round. This gap is filled with a compressed, closed cell foam tape call3ed "Compraband" Lots of similar products around - they just need to be closed cell and compressed (so they expand)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back