Drayton FS 2 motorised valve (Valve or Actuator fault?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Recently moved in to a new (to us) home, and testing of central heating has shown that the motorised valve wasn't going across to central heating setting. Changed the motor tonight, but no difference, and now the actuator is clicking too. I took the actuator head off, and turn the shaft manually and it kind of clunks across. Not enough confidence to replace entire valve though, so before I give up and get the professionals in (at a price) I thought I would ask if it's worth just changing the actuator, or does it sound like the valve has gone too. Actuator still clicks when disconnected from valve, and gear from motor doesn't move either. Also, there appears to be something that looks like a totally ceramic fuse in the wiring of the actuator that appears a bit blackened.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Always willing to learn. :)

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I see .

change complete head then , perhaps the cogs are fekked. sounds like it.

what is make of valve.? edit.....drayton :LOL: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back