Drayton Mid Position Valve sticking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My mid position valve is sticking. Regardless of thermostat or programmer settings, the heating goes on with the hot water every morning for an hour (been doing that all summer :eek: ).
Or, if I put the heating on for an hour it takes about another hour to unstick and go back off.
Can the top of the mid position valve be replaced without draining the whole system and interfering with the pipes?
It's a Drayton motorised valve and I was told by a plumber (who claimed to know all about heating) that my heating system needed to be drained and all the pipes in the airing cupboard cut to accommodate a new valve; yet on the Drayton site it looks like the plastic valve box just fits on after the pipework is done.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
If the head has no button on the side to pop it off, your plumber's right.

If it's been installed tight, you do have to cut a pipe or two sometimes.

It's got WMH on the side (which sticks) and a waggly black button on the bottom. The unit may not be installed the right way up though (the writing is upside down)

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know if the waggly black piece at the bottom should be used to remove it? It doesn't seem to set either way, it's just loose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back