DRAYTON SM2 PROGRAMMER

jws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have replaced my programmer for water and heating which operated my old vulcan continental boiler. I replaced it with a drayton SM2 programmer and although the programmer shows all is working the CH pump does not come on.
The old progammer Sangamo 410 was wired up as
1 CH ON
2 BLANK
3 LIVE WITH LINK WIRE FROM 8
4 CH OFF
5 WATER OFF
6 LIVE N AND E ISOLATED
7 BLANK
8 WATER ON AND LINK TO 3

The SM2 is

N
L
1 HW OFF
2 CH OFF
3 HW ON
4 HW ON

Any suggestions as to what I need to do to get the pump to kick in would stop me banging my head against the wall and make me feel warmer.
JWS

Sponsored Links
you have connected the room stat according to the makers instructions?

some programmers have a setting on the back for gravity HW/fully pumped.

you do not mention the connections for the cyl stat, room stat, pump, 3-port valve etc. It is easier to gather all these together in a Connection Centre (=junction box) according to the wiring diagram supplied with the programmer.

I can't help though without referring to the makers instructions (which I'm sure you have done)

p.s. I did install one of these last year for my old mum, and had to get an extra wiring diagram from Drayton (Invensys) as she has an old gravity/pumped installation which is not covered in the usual instructions.

IIRC their instructions show how to convert when replacing various existing common programmers

Loader.jpg

thanks for that
The programmer is connected to the pump via the roomstat although I.m not aware of the stat ever working. I will recheck the wiring to the stat and the junction box at the boiler. On the SM2 There is a link facility which I have left in place as per instructions for gravity water/ pumped CH. I will let you know how I get on
JWS

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back