Drill Bit Stuck in Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm feeling like an idiot. I've just moved into a new house, and was drilling a hole in the bathroom wall to fit a towel holder onto the wall. I drilled the hole, and couldn't get the drill bit out. There's a bit of 'give' to it, but when I pull it back it's as if there's something on the other side stopping it from pulling out. I'm now worried that I've hit something.

When looking, it's as if there's tape or something that's wrapped around the drill bit, and I don't want to pull back too hard or re-attach the drill again in case I do some damage. I'm in the UK if this helps.

I've attached two pictures, one a close up, and one showing location in the room, i.e. quite close to the window.

PLEASE HELP!

Attachments

• 20210319_221523.jpg
    20210319_221523.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 20210319_221941.jpg
    20210319_221941.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 165
Sponsored Links
It could have wrapped itself up with insulation, guessing you don't know the wall construction ie what's immediately behind the plasterboard? Did you try spinning the drill anticlockwise to see if it would unwind itself?

It could have wrapped itself up with insulation, guessing you don't know the wall construction ie what's immediately behind the plasterboard? Did you try spinning the drill anticlockwise to see if it would unwind itself?

I've managed to get it out now mate, I think it basically was just wrapped up with insulation basically, thankfully that's all it was basically.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back