Drilling into brick chimney. Confused

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Im Looking for abit of help. I have a 1960s terraced house with a brick built chimney. I removed the old gas fireplace some time ago and boarded the opening. I am putting a tv aerial in the loft and want to run the co ax down the chimney, trouble is I have drilled a 25mm hole through the centre of the chimney in the loft and have gone roughly 300mm deep and have not found the actual chimney flue. If I keep going I’m almost through to the other side. Does anybody know much about chimneys? I’ve attached an image. Thank you

Attachments

• B6CFE37C-6AC4-4D4D-9557-C3817F9B1195.png
    B6CFE37C-6AC4-4D4D-9557-C3817F9B1195.png
    980.5 KB · Views: 69
Sponsored Links
Could there have been an upstairs fireplace as well as a downstairs one?
It looks wide enough for a second flue?

Hmm I’ve not thought of that. I don’t think so. So you’re thinking there’s two separate flues and I’ve gone straight through the middle?

So you’re thinking there’s two separate flues and I’ve gone straight through the middle?
Maybe?
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with 60's terraces, but that would be the case with my 1890's one!
But for me, it's fairly obvious where the two flues go! :)

20201206_150809.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back