1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

drip from expansion tank frozen

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Gary111, 11 Feb 2021.

1. Gary111

Gary111

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi, my expansion tank overflow has been dripping, i didnt get round to fixing it.
    now the drip has turned into an icicle, hence stopping the water escaping.

the ball valve is fully submerged
    (i also noticed a rainbow like colour in parts of the tank as if there was something oily ??)

im guessing i need to bail it out then replace the float valve

but theres also a larger tank next to it , the float valve is dripping on that one but its nowhere near getting full.

im not sure how these tanks work, could that be causing the smaller tank to overflow ?

any ideas please
    thanks

Last edited: 12 Feb 2021
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sounds like you need two new float valve. The smaller tank fills your heating system, the larger one fills your hot water cylinder. If the larger one is causing the smaller one to fill, you'll need a new hot water cylinder

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local