Dripping water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Right i know nothing about plumbing! But have two tanks in loft. The bigger of the two is continually slowly dripping. But not coming out overflow at back of house!
Been checked and that tank not leaking. Tank in airing cupboard also checked & ok.
2 different ballcocks in tank (Inc adjusting angles) & valves later & still dripping...any ideas gratefully received??? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
It's always dripping from the fill valve? Does it stop when you pull it up fully? If so you may have a very slight draw on the cistern from somewhere or could have high water pressure?

I would be looking at a leak somewhere.
If it was just passing I would expect the cwsc to over flow

Caz1, good evening.

There is a high probability that the rubber [neoprene] whatever washer in the valve has and is failing, in that this part of the valve is old, and has / is perished, in effect has reached the end of its useful life.

Could be that a simple replacement of the rubber in the ball valve will sort out your drip??

Ken.

Sponsored Links
Thanks v much for replies..much appreciated! No overflow in toilets or back in bowl & valves & ballarms all newly replaced! Washing machine also been checked!

Last time I had this it was an old lead pipe leaking under the floor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back