Driveway drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I'm current having my driveway done by a local company (block paved)

The levels on our land mean that the house is below the level of the road access point and therefore rain drains downhill towards the house. The guys who are doing the drive have dug a soakaway and are laying aco drains against the house to take the water to the soakaway, but they have laid the top of the aco drain level with the DPC, is that correct?

I was under the impression that the drain should still be a brick below the dpc, or am I worrying unnecessarily?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
DSC_0016.JPG

It depends on any splash back, personally i lowered ours 1 brick when i turned the front yard into a drive way, but if it's a drain the would be less than a concrete surface.
The proper standard is 2 bricks, and where that's not possible the wall needs protecting from any splash back up to the same height. If it's a cavity wall it needs to be able to drain somewhere to the outside at the bottom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back