Dry lining: should I tank walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently gutted what is going to be my dining room. I'm planning on putTing timber studs in with insulation between and plasterboard ontop. The solid sandstone walls have some damp at floor level, so I was going to leave a small gap behind studs and vent the skirting boards. Should I also tank the walls?
Thanks for any help/advice

Sponsored Links
It's an old sandstone property with concreted floors so I suspect the floors are forcing moisture towards the walls. Also, one wall has a slightly higher exterior ground level which is difficult to change so probably some penetrating damp there.

Sponsored Links
I've recently gutted what is going to be my dining room. I'm planning on putTing timber studs in with insulation between and plasterboard ontop. The solid sandstone walls have some damp at floor level, so I was going to leave a small gap behind studs and vent the skirting boards. Should I also tank the walls?
Thanks for any help/advice

I would buy some KAS tanking slurry.When dry drill for screws but use a quality silicone to seal wall and insert rawl plugs to prevent water ingress.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back