dry mouth...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so I got my new night time mouth guard today.. and it's horrible to wear.. it's rubbery stuff and dries out in like 3 seconds then seems to suck all the moisture out of my lips as well.. so my lips and tongue seem to stick to it... ( think damp fingers on a baloon.. )
short of slathering it in vaseline is there any other way to make it more slippy?

Sponsored Links
So this is the "remedy" for what you first thought was toothache, which then became involuntary "jaw clamping"?

I find my jaws are clamped, does this mean I have a problem, am I suppose to clamp them?

Sponsored Links
So this is the "remedy" for what you first thought was toothache, which then became involuntary "jaw clamping"?
no this is one part of the remedy..
the tooth ache was caused by an infection which the antibiotics have sorted out, but I also apparently grind my teeth when asleep and "grit" my teeth during times of stress.. ( which is what als has as well probably.. )
this has lead to my left jaw joint now clicking when I open my mouth so far and the mouth guard is to stop the grinding and keep the joint spaced properly at night when my muscles should be relaxed, to allow whatever healing needs to be done to happen..

it might also be caused by lack of exercise to the muscles as I don't talk to anyone for days on end now so my jaw is not getting the flapping it's used to.

Well I'm not an actual registered and practicing doctor, but....

I've had similar symptons - mine developed into earache, and jaw clamping was to blame. I overcame it by learning how to relax, despite the causes (stress/anxiety) not going away.

You should give it a go. It's not really too hard to focus on yourself and identify unnecessary and counterproductive tension within yourself and then consciously relax that tension.

Difficult when you've got job and financial worries etc etc, but I still think it's the way to go. Ditch the rubber guard.

All the best.

In regards to the stress, I yesterday posted an advert for a laughter yoga session, no one has replied, I find the same thing, I hardly speak to anyone all day for days in a row, these makes me keep my miuth closed all the time and my tongue squeezed, I really ned to sort something out.

Does anyone who talks know what is the coorect way to keep your mouth, firmly closed, hanging or medium closed? :rolleyes:

Just keep it completely closed for around a month. No speaking, no food no nothing. PS could you possibly keep your fingers clenched very tightly in a fist for the rest of your life and kindly stop posting your inane ramblings on here too??

the tooth ache was caused by an infection which the antibiotics have sorted out, but I also apparently grind my teeth when asleep and "grit" my teeth during times of stress.. ( which is what als has as well probably.. )
this has lead to my left jaw joint now clicking when I open my mouth so far and the mouth guard is to stop the grinding and keep the joint spaced properly at night when my muscles should be relaxed, to allow whatever healing needs to be done to happen..

it might also be caused by lack of exercise to the muscles as I don't talk to anyone for days on end now so my jaw is not getting the flapping it's used to.

that can be remedied by an osteopath/chiropracter

if you don't want to talk to yourself, you could try singing.

Just keep it completely closed for around a month. No speaking, no food no nothing. PS could you possibly keep your fingers clenched very tightly in a fist for the rest of your life and kindly stop posting your inane ramblings on here too??
Agree totally

I talk to myself if there's no one around, at least i get a good conversation with someone of the same views.

so I got my new night time mouth guard today.. and it's horrible to wear.. it's rubbery stuff and dries out in like 3 seconds then seems to suck all the moisture out of my lips as well.. so my lips and tongue seem to stick to it... ( think damp fingers on a baloon.. )
short of slathering it in vaseline is there any other way to make it more slippy?

Making the most of your free dentistry that us hardworking taxpayers have to pay for? You don't half post some crap on here Col, I think you may be having a mental breakdown.

:LOL:

that can be remedied by an osteopath/chiropracter

how can an osteopath cure your mouth.. surely its your back .................

Sponsored Links
Back