Dry out my ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the sound of dripping behind me ....

I just changed the radiator valves in the bathroom using the freeze kits you can get - unfortunately I forgot to check the valves were actually closed before hand so when the ice block melted (is that running water I hear?) .... :oops:

Anyway, I know have one slightly damp [ahem] dining room ceiling, as well as water currently dripping from my light fitting. Should I just let these dry naturally and not switch on the lights for a day or two?

I think (hope) I caught it before there was too much damage, but think the ceiling will need repainting at some point.

Merry Christmas!

Sponsored Links
i'd imagine trying to accelerate the drying would just increase the risk of damage probablly best to let it dry naturally.

Plugwash is right..and you`ll need to seal the stains with oil based undercoat before you emusion, or the stains will bleed thru` 4 ever :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back