Dry roof valley help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a grp valley and would like to keep the existing valley boards, but they are nailed on top of the rafters rather than set flush - so if the membrane is under the battens it will have to step up onto the board, is this ok? I think it will create a trough down the side of the board, also I would like to side nail the battens to the edge of the valley board but this will pierce the membrane - any suggestions appreciated, nice and simple- this is my second valley ever!

IMG_20230208_111518894.jpg

IMG_20230208_103901842.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you are putting large concrete tiles on your roof then you won't be able to keep those valley boards as it will be too high.

Yes, I hadn't anticipated this so didn't have any OSB or ply available, fortunately the boards are in good nick for 90 years old so I've made a start on cutting and dropping them in flush:

IMG_20230208_163101889.jpg

Unfortunately I think I probably set the lay boards for the lap up of the flat roof at the bottom similarly too high and I don't want to peel off the EPDM but I think I can just about get away with that with a bit of jiggery pokery!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back