Dual flush push buttons too hard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a conceala 2 dual flush cistern with two separate push buttons. The smaller one doesn’t work at all and the large on requires a lot of pressure and multiple pushes before it actually flushes. I have changed the valve in the last year and it’s not the cheapest. I was wondering what my options to change the valve/syphon so it’s either the classic pull lever on the side or a different push type that isn’t separate. My 6 yrs old can’t even flush the toilet it’s so hard and I have to use a fist to push pump, so frustrating.
FC3A2980-1FF4-4C8C-8B6C-42A97145804D.jpeg
C6D3F4CE-D5C7-4443-9B64-D62A9CFD3129.jpeg
. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
If you are looking to change to a more traditional flush mechanism then the flush valve needs to be replaced. So it would be access to the cistern to get it out. Then a cable flush mechanism could be used. These pressure/vacuum types are notoriously fickle when they get older.

Only other issue there would be is the big cutout that would be left if going to a mechanical button/lever

A little trick that has been known to work is to cut 10mm off the end of the hoses.

A little trick that has been known to work is to cut 10mm off the end of the hoses.
Funny enough before i posted this i cut the ends of both hoses shortening them. The large one still works with some pressure but not the small one.

Sponsored Links
If you are looking to change to a more traditional flush mechanism then the flush valve needs to be replaced. So it would be access to the cistern to get it out. Then a cable flush mechanism could be used. These pressure/vacuum types are notoriously fickle when they get older.

Only other issue there would be is the big cutout that would be left if going to a mechanical button/lever

I cannot get to the full cistern to completely take it out, it's built-in behind a wall but can take the valve out. I remember it kind of unlocks and pulls out. I wonder if there is a simpler replacement. I guess it's a case of removing and taking it to a plumbers merchant to find a simpler push flush?

Are there bellows behind the flush button plate, can these need replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back