dual zone thermostat control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am currently mid way through an extension project which will add a new floor to my house. As part of this work I am replacing and re-siting the combi boiler and I plan to zone the heating ciruits so that the existing house CH circuit (ground and 1st floor) is not changed, and the new rooms (2nd floor) are on a seperate second circuit.

to do this I understand that I will need two thermostatic timer control units and a couple of motorised diverter valves.

The new boiler will be a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30CDi combi, and I had planned to control the dual heating circuits with a pair of WB FR110 control units. However WB informs me that these control units cannot be run in parallel so I am back to the drawing board.

can anyone offer me advice on how to best achieve this. I am keen to use "intelligent" thermostats that are able to optimise heat control, rather than simple on/off thermostatic controllers.

I also have TRVs on most rads and will be fitting TRVs to the new rads in the new rooms.

thanks in advance
Drew

Sponsored Links
I always use the Honeywell CM927 to operate different zones, with their own zone valves.

I refuse to fit Worcester, so cant tell you if there is something specific about why there is a problem with their set up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back