Ducting route for cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install one of these http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S19872842

My brother can do the electrics (17th edition qualified etc) but I will drill the wall and route the ventilation pipe.

The pipe required is a 125mm pipe, which I can obtain easily from screwfix or toolstation. However, am I best off installing one length of flexible tubing up from the hood, round the 90 degree bend and out the wall (the 90 degree bend being where the pipe goes from heading up to heading out) or should I put a solid pipe through the wall and then a flexible pipe from the hood up to to solid pipe?

If the latter then is there a 125mm 90 degree bend that can be purchased and what is the best way to join this to the solid pipe through the wall?

I assume a worm drive clip to secure the flexible pipe to the hood and at the other end would be the correct solution?

Thanks

CD.

Sponsored Links
You may be able to fit a reducer to take the flow out in 100mm pipe, the rigid pipe is a better option as it is more resiliant than the flexi.The pipework is designed too push fit with any flexi hose connected as you mentioned, avoid using cable ties [often supplied with fans] as they perish in the heat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back