Dudley concealed cistern, flushpipe conundrum.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing an older style Dudley concealed cistern with a newer Dudley 'Vantage'
I don't however have the correct flushpipe to pan, the old one is a standard type with washer and nut, the new one is supposed to be push fit onto a spigot at the bottom of the cistern. Because it's all tiled in I don't want to remove the old flushpipe, access is too tight, but instead want to convert the old flushpipe to fit the new cistern.

I have determined that a mcalpine 40mm compression makes a snug fit over the spigot of the cistern (with the comp. nut and washer removed) But how can I fit the to the old smaller flushpipe. I'm guessing a 40-32 straight will do it?

Here is the model, showing the spigot.

http://www.limelinebathrooms.co.uk/...ge-concealed-cistern-cw-oyster-push-plate.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sorted now.
The old cistern had a traditional backnut fitting so I assumed it was standard size flushpipe, but it was actually in the larger size anyway, so it did fit over the spigot!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back