duel flush toilet refil problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I have a problem with my loo. It was fitted about ten months ago and has been fine up til about 2 weeks ago. It was a cheap trade screwfix one.

Problem is toilet is running after long flush. (short flush was ok, but that has stopped working now)

The push button won't rise up again. I discovered that if I lift the lid up and as a consequence the cable (B) is sort of straightened and pulled a bit taut, I hear a sort of noisde like air popping and the toilet then refills as normal.

So this is how I have been flushing my loo for two weeks. I have no one else to ask how I can resolve this, so was really hoping you could help me.

I've posted some pictures for clarity.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Rosie.

Can I ask why that needs to be done? Was it installed the wrong way around?

The flap thing at the bottom of E def isn't resealing properly as I managed to have a feel around and could push it down and shut properly.

The washer has a habit of not sealing due to scale or cable can stretch but it seems that the cord may interfere with the float valve which would cause it to overflow.push button cisterns do look nice but don't last as long as handle and syphon cisterns.turn water off and remove cistern turn E round and try.if that doesn't work replace with fluidmaster pushbutton syphon

Sponsored Links
Ah I see. The cable isn't interfering with the float valve though as it's normally on the other side, and the toilet doesn't refil even if I've lifted the lid and everything is out of the way when I flush.

Looks like a replacement of B & E may be needed?

replace with fluidmaster pushbutton syphon
With what?!?! When did they start making syphons?

Replace it with a Fluidmaster flapper valve, as long as your cistern has a 2" outlet.
507UKK072507UKK076.jpg

Meant push button valve rather than syphon and the valve fits 1.5&2 inch theres always someone that jumps at the chance to make out other people don't know what there talking about tosser

Meant push button valve rather than syphon and the valve fits 1.5&2 inch theres(1) always someone that jumps at the chance to make out other people don't know what there(2) talking about t****r
(1) You missed the apostrophe between the e and the s
(2) That should be they're

You were wrong. Calling me a toss*r won't change that.

What's fitted already looks suspiciously like a Fluidmaster Dual Flush Cable Valve, although the button housing under the cistern lid looks wrong.

Looks like the macdee version or the version b&q fitted.
trouble with this valve about 4 different people made it but they are all interchangeable ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back